Friday, October 18, 2019

Week of October 21

Math
I can divide decimals using models.
I can divide decimals using partial quotient.

Math workbook pages 437-466

printable practice pages 

dividing decimals with models video

dividing decimals using a number line

dividing decimals using partial quotient video 

Science

I can classify plants and animals.

Science Activities (choose plants or animals) 

Animal classification game

Classification Activity 

Classification of Animals  
Classification is the grouping of similar things.  
Scientists classify animals into two categories.  
 Vertebrates                   and                                  Invertebrates 
Animals with a backbone                      Animals without a backbone 
Fish                                                           Most animals are invertebrates! 
Mammals                                                 insects and spiders 
Reptiles                                                    sponges and coral 
Amphibians                                             mollusks (octopus, squid, snails) 
Birds                                                         jellyfish, sponges, crabs, shrimp 


Classification of Vertebrates  
Fish: cold-blooded animals that have scales, fins, and lives in water. 
Amphibians: cold-blooded animals that live on land, but must lay their eggs in water. 
Reptiles: cold-blooded animals that lives on land and lay eggs. 
Birds: warm-blooded animals with feathers, hard-shelled eggs, and hollow bones.  
Mammals: warm-blooded animals that have hair (fur) and make milk for their young. 

Classification of Plants